STAT!Ref Titles on Doody's Core Title List
Doody Enterprises, Inc. has produced an annual replacement for the discontinued Brandon and Hill Select Lists. The 2012 Edition of Doody's Core Titles represents entirely new Core Title selections and Essential Purchase recommendations. This collection development tool for libraries of all sizes distills the perspectives of academic healthcare professionals (Content Specialists) and health sciences librarians (Librarian Selectors) into a core list that is updated every year.
Many of the titles on the Doody Core Titles and Essential Purchase Titles lists are available through the STAT!Ref Online title collection. The designations and ratings are defined as follows:• Doody's Core Titles (DCT): A core title is a book or software title that represents essential knowledge needed by professionals or students in a given discipline and is highly recommended for the collection of a library that serves health sciences specialists.
• Essential Purchase Title (EPT): Recommendations from the Essential Collection Development Tool for Libraries of All Sizes.
• Reviews: Expert reviews provided by peers and colleagues.
• Scores & Stars: Based on a weighted 50 - 100 scoring system and a 1 - 5 stars system. The higher the score & number of stars the better.
• Scores & Specialties: Based on a 1 - 3 scoring system, titles are also rated by specialty.
Key: 5/95 R DCT/EPT - (2.07 Pharmacology)
- • 5/95 = The title was given 5 stars and received a score of 95
- • R = The title was Reviewed
- • DCT = The title is a Doody's Core Title
- • EPT = The title is an Essential Purchase Title
- • 2.07 Pharmacology = The title recieved a score or 2.07 out of 3 in Pharmacology
Doody's Core Title List is compiled by Doody Enterprises, Inc. For more information about this database, go to www.doody.com.
For assistance selecting titles, or to request a quote, please contact your STAT!Ref representative or call us at -
307 733 5494 or 1 800 901 5494.